Monday, November 14, 2005

Check-In: November 14, 2005

This afternoon, Marcie and I were looking at the whiteboard where we've listed all of the call possibilities we're interested in. There are currently 20. That's a pretty big list. Here are some surprises:

  • Two of them are not directly pastoral calls at all, but educational ministry.
  • One of them is a church where we've been members.
  • One of them is in a town that we both think is one of the best in the world.
  • Five of them are well outside of the “bubble”-- the circle we once drew on a map indicating target maximum distance from our hometowns.
  • On the other hand, three of them are within an hour of our hometowns.

We've barely begun getting trickles of response back from some of these, so there's not much more to tell.

On another note, I finished writing “Effective Placement Benchmarks #2” last Wednesday, hit “publish” and it vanished. It's not on my hard drive. It's not on the server. Needless to say, I was discouraged enough not to bother re-writing it right away. I'll get it up here soon.

One more note: I've begun writing a column for the website Low End Mac, a website that takes an “anti-consumerism” approach to computing. My first article was posted last week here; another should be coming up fairly soon. You can keep tabs on my articles through this page.

And for the final note: As I write this, I'm taking a break from my last ever graded translation from Hebrew into English. Note: not the last translation I'll do, but the last one I'll get a grade for (hopefully!).

No comments: