Saturday, December 10, 2005

Check-in: Dec. 10, 2005

Here's the latest of the news regarding our candidacy and transition:
  • There are a few more churches that we'll be sending resumes to soon, including one in Texas, one in North Carolina, and one in South Carolina. (The one is South Carolina is one we're already familiar with-- in fact, I had a dream last night that I was the pastor there...)
  • The Board for the school where I work-- Wildwood Christian School-- asked me to officially consider myself a candidate for the position that I'm helping them to create. Ethical concerns aside, this is an exciting prospect for me.
  • Another position I'm interested in (which I've mentioned before) working for a seminary has not materialized yet, but I'm still hopeful. I recently spoke with one of the faculty at that seminary, and he was encouraging about it. More on that as it is available.
On another note, I'm working on my last paper/project for seminary-- the prayer class project I mentioned in an earlier post-- which I plan to finish tomorrow (for you strict sabbaterians, I hope you'll agree that writing prayers might constitute acceptable activity for a Sunday; if not, think of it as "my ox is in the ditch"...). After that, I have a single final exam-- though probably a doozy-- and I'm done.

Thanks for checking in with me.

1 comment:

Adam Tisdale said...

Does God speak to you through dreams & visions?