Thursday, February 01, 2007

Advancing the research

Long-time readers will know that I have been researching pastoral transition for several years.  Specifically, I've been studying "effective" placement from seminary, and to that end I have already conducted an extensive survey with graduates from Covenant Seminary.

Today I spoke with the Louisville Institute, who is offering a number of small research grants funded by a much larger grant from the Lilly Endowment.  One in particular, the Pastoral Leadership Grant, is a good fit for my research, according to the Director of the Louisville Institute.

For almost two years I've wanted to expand my research to include other seminaries, but I can't afford to underwrite the costs myself.  This grant would clear the path to expanding and advancing my research significantly.

Over the next few weeks I'll be putting together a proposal, and Lord willing I'll win my first research/writing grant.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: