Thursday, March 27, 2008

Five things to do as you approach the final year of seminary

In working on the manuscript for my book, I decided I needed to completely re-work one chapter-- the one on seminary life. The work I've already done on that topic may eventually form the backbone for another book; I'm not sure one chapter trying to summarize that much information will be effective. It's a good time in the school year to revisit this, as well.


If you're approaching your final year of seminary, what should you be doing to prepare for the time between now and graduation? Five things:



  1. Get the experience.


  2. Gather the tools.


  3. Know the hurdles.


  4. Keep it humble.


  5. Tag your mentors.


I'll start posting the development of each of these over the next few days.



No comments: