- Think long and hard about different social contexts and what language fits them.
- Read correspondence before sending it off!
- Practice humility.
- Be careful on blogs and Facebook.
- Tailor your application to specific churches.
- Cultivate relationships for reference while in seminary.
- Be realistic about opportunities.
- Call before sending your materials.
- Read Why Johnny Can't Preach by T. David Gordon.
Friday, October 02, 2009
"Advice to pastoral candidates" from David Strain
My friend and fellow TE in Covenant Presbytery, David Strain of Main Street Presbyterian Church, Columbus MS, offered some good advice for pastoral candidates on his blog today: