Friday, March 11, 2011

From M.Div. to Rev. -- endorsement #3

As my 10s of readers will surely know by now, my book From M.Div. to Rev.: making an effective transition from seminary into pastoral ministry will be published later this year (probably in the summer) by Doulos Resources. I posted my first endorsement from Dr. Rod Culbertson of Reformed Theological Seminary (Charlotte) back in January, and my second endorsement from Bishop Will Willimon in February.

My friend Mark Dalbey sent along another endorsement. Mark's endorsement is so valuable to me, not only because he is my friend, but also because he is VP of Academics and Faculty Development and Assistant Professor of Practical Theology at Covenant Theological Seminary in St. Louis. When I was a student there, Mark taught the elective class on "Candidating and Transition into Ministry" and several times honored me with an invitation to lecture on this material as part of that class.

Here is Mark's endorsement:

"I have been looking for this book for over a decade. Finally it has been written. Ed Eubanks has captured and written what every seminary student seeking a ministry call needs to discover. The biblical and theological foundation and perspective are strong. The sensitivity to the range of struggles and challenges a candidate for a ministry position goes through is very pastoral. The extremely practical and detailed information from start to finish is incredibly helpful. This is the precious gem that has been sought after by many for a long time. I heartily recommend it to seminary students. It will also be very helpful to already ordained pastors seeking subsequent calls after their first call."

No comments: