Sunday, June 26, 2011

Trevin Wax on "11 Questions Every Pastor Should Ask"

Author and LifeWay Christian Books editor Trevin Wax has an excellent post on his blog entitled, "11 Questions Every Pastor Should Ask."

His questions fall out into two general categories: About Preaching and About the Mission of the Church. In the first category, he touches on:
  • Whether my sermons pointing to the "big-picture" message of Scripture
  • Whether my message is distinctively a Christian/Gospel message
  • How I am applying God's Word for His people

In the second set of questions, he asks questions about:
  • The impact of my congregation in its context and community
  • Evangelism and reaching the lost with the Gospel
  • Making the best use of time and other resources

I think these are valuable questions that, as he put it, every pastor should ask-- but I would especially urge new pastors and recent seminary graduates to keep these questions frequently in mind, particularly during the first, formative years of pastoral ministry.

Read the whole post here.

No comments: