His questions fall out into two general categories: About Preaching and About the Mission of the Church. In the first category, he touches on:
- Whether my sermons pointing to the "big-picture" message of Scripture
- Whether my message is distinctively a Christian/Gospel message
- How I am applying God's Word for His people
In the second set of questions, he asks questions about:
- The impact of my congregation in its context and community
- Evangelism and reaching the lost with the Gospel
- Making the best use of time and other resources
I think these are valuable questions that, as he put it, every pastor should ask-- but I would especially urge new pastors and recent seminary graduates to keep these questions frequently in mind, particularly during the first, formative years of pastoral ministry.
Read the whole post here.