Monday, October 17, 2005

Check-in: Oct, 17, 2005

Well, things are finally starting to get active and more noticeably underway. In other words, my preliminary efforts are about to give way to essentially jumping in with both feet. Here's what I mean:
  • I'm about to send out a bunch of resume packets; the regional breakdown looks like this: South Carolina-- 2; North Carolina-- 2; Tennessee-- 3; Georgia-- 2; Mississippi--1; Kentucky--1; Florida--1; Iowa (yes, you read it right)--1.
  • I've submitted my name for a seminary position at an undisclosed seminary that I can't talk about; sorry, but that's as good as it gets. The position is still under development, and there's no sure guarantee that there will even be a position. (Budget concerns are the main goal to its establishment.)
  • It has also been suggested informally that I may be offered a position at a school, but nothing formal has developed out of this.
I know those are all vague, but I'm uncomfortable talking about positions that haven't materialized as firm-- or even spongy-- possibilities. More details to come, I'm sure-- and probably more frequently, as time goes on.

[Postscript: once again, apologies for the length of time between posts. See my next post for more...]

No comments: