Friday, September 22, 2006

Interview on Pulpit Supply

I've been asked to do an interview about how to show hospitality to guest preachers with the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship.

The interview will be an e-mail and/or phone interview and will happen over the next week.  As I work through the questions and respond, I'll post my answers here as well.  Here are the questions I've been asked:

  1. Can you give any examples of how a church (probably inadvertently) has made a visiting preacher feel unwelcome?
  2. What tips can you offer so a congregation can make a visiting preacher feel welcome? This could include hospitable gestures in the days before, during, or after the worship service.
  3. What advice do you have for visiting preachers, especially seminarians, on how to be good guests in another church's pulpit? What are the best ways to prepare for a visiting preaching assignment?

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: