Saturday, August 18, 2007

I'm done

Any regular readers (are there any readers left?) should know that I have been actively seeking placement since last October. I occasionally have asked you to pray for my candidacy efforts, including once recently while I was actually on the trip.

That trip was the ticket-- the Spirit was strongly at work that weekend. In the following days, that congregation voted to call me as their pastor, and as of early October I will "take the field" in Hickory Withe, Tennessee at Hickory Withe Presbyterian Church (PCA).

Meanwhile, I still covet your prayers: I am studying hard for my examinations for licensure, which is effectively the first part of ordination in the PCA. I'll be examined in a handful of ways over the next couple of weeks.

We're thrilled, and couldn't be more excited. From all reports, the people of Hickory Withe are, too.

Thank you for your prayers, if you have or will pray. I'll reflect on preparing for ordination soon!

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

Mark Peach said...

Ed,
It is exciting to hear about your new position! I hope you exams go well.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord, I am glad for you.....I just met with a pastoral search committee last night, and I thought it went well. This blog has helped me a lot to see that we need to be confident in our calling. I ave been waiting some 7 years to Pastor my first church. I've been to school for 4 yrs, and am still waiting for the Lord to place me. Ultimately, it is Him who does the placing anyway. Please keep me in prayer.

In Him
Scott