Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Licensure

Yesterday, I completed and passed the last oral examination for licensure in the presbytery where my new church will be. Thus, I am cleared to "move onto the field" and begin the work of ministry with this congregation. I will complete my ordination trials at the February meeting of presbytery, but this was a huge milestone in the whole process: if I had not passed yesterday, I would not have been allowed to move into the area...

I'll blog more about why I pursued licensure first another time. But for those of you following the progress of my ministry through this blog, a major hurdle has been overcome. Thanks for your prayers and support.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Daddy-O. Glad you made it through the hoop...more to come, I'm sure.