Thursday, February 10, 2011

From M.Div. to Rev. -- endorsement #2

As I've mentioned before, my book From M.Div. to Rev.: making an effective transition from seminary into pastoral ministry will be published later this year (probably in the summer) by Doulos Resources. I've begun to receive endorsements from those who have gotten an advance look at the book, and I posted my first endorsement from Dr. Rod Culbertson of Reformed Theological Seminary (Charlotte) back in January.

I received my second endorsement recently, this time from Dr. Will Willimon. Dr. Willimon is an author, and a Bishop in the United Methodist Church in Birmingham, AL. He is a former professor of Duke Divinity School, and served as the Dean of the Chapel at Duke as well. He has also served several congregations as a Pastor. I'm so honored by Dr. Willimon's words:

Here is a book full of wisdom and practical advice for new pastors making the most important transition of their ministry – the move from thinking about ministry in seminary to practicing ministry in the parish. Ed Eubanks has poured his great experience and theologically informed insights into this lively look at the crucial first days of ministry. I highly recommend this very helpful book.

No comments: